Ideally situated above the surrounding terrain with spectacular 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding countryside that change with the seasons, this beautiful 2-story custom-built home is conveniently located just minutes from Buffalo, Wyoming.
- Located 7 miles east of Buffalo, Wyoming in Johnson County.
- 79.97 Deeded Acres in the Indian Plains Subdivision.
- Large, 2-story custom-built home.
- Expansive breathtaking views in all directions from the home.
- The Bighorn Mountains span the western horizon.
The High Hill Estate is ideally situated above the surrounding terrain with spectacular 360-degree panoramic views of the surrounding countryside that changes with the seasons. The beautiful home is conveniently located just minutes from Buffalo, Wyoming.
The rolling hill country east of Buffalo that surrounds this 80 acre property is, indeed, a landscape painted by nature’s creative paintbrush — from the green grassy areas outlined by the blue-gray hues of endless miles of sagebrush with splashes of red shale throughout — one truly finds themselves lost in the beauty of the wide-open spaces of Wyoming.
Framing the western horizon, the magnificent Big Horn Mountains provide another perspective of Wyoming’s spectacular scenery and unobstructed, breathtaking sunsets that span the evening sky can be enjoyed from the many vantage points of this home.This magnificent home sits atop a hill with expansive views of the surrounding countryside and the Big Horn Mountains to the west. The setting is very tranquil and private.
More Ranch Details
Location Click To View
The High Hill Estate is located ~7 miles east of Buffalo, Wyoming. To reach the property, travel approximately one mile east on Highway 16 to the TW Road (County Road 204); turn right onto TW Road and travel about 5 miles to the High Plains Road (a private graveled road); turn left onto the High Plains Road and continue on for about one mile to this end-of-the-road property. Year around access is excellent.
Property Description Click To View
Situated on Tract D of the subdivision, the High Hill Estate is at the end of the private High Plains Road, which provides good year-around access.
The subdivision consists of eleven tracts of land and has protective and restrictive covenants, which are available for review upon request. The present owners are members of a Homeowner’s Association that has 8 active members. Annual Association dues are $400 and are utilized primarily for maintenance of the private road.
The elevation of the property is about 4,800 feet above sea level. According to the NRCS 30-year average, the average annual precipitation in the area is 14 inches.
The terrain of the 79.97 acres is comprised of rolling hills and draws. The subdivision is surrounded on three sides by lands owned either by the State of Wyoming or the Bureau of Land Management (BLM). This provides legal access to thousands of acres of public lands for recreational use including hunting. Lands to the north and east of the property are utilized by ranch operations for grazing livestock; other rural residential home sites are found to the west and south, but are quite a distance from the property.
The property is a natural year-around habitat for sage grouse, antelope, whitetail and mule deer.
The Home Click To View
The custom-built home contains 6,400 square feet of living space on two levels and was constructed by skilled contractors with high quality materials throughout.
- Hard coat cement stucco with custom stone – maintenance free.
- Double-faced 2×6 framing.
- Spray foam insulation throughout.
- In-floor heating on both levels.
- 2 air conditioners; furnaces with humidifiers.
- Back-up generator.
- Wired for in-wall speakers (inside & out).
- Pella triple-pane windows & doors.
- Custom built-in blinds in windows.
- Low voltage lighting throughout.
- Radon system installed but not needed.
- Deck & patio surround home.
- Outside gas hookups for grills (both levels).
- Oversized 2-car garage, heated.
- Well water with latest water system in house.
The Main/Upper Level Features
Large, custom gourmet kitchen:
- Custom sandstone counter tops.
- Up-grade stainless steel appliances.
- 6-burner Wolf stove.
- Walk-in pantry.
- Custom Cherry wood cabinets.
- Large island with sink.
- Stacked stone counter and custom bar.
- Stone tile floor.
- Copper ceiling.
- Open floor plan to living & dining rooms.
- Custom floor-to-ceiling fireplace.
- Rustic Cherry Wood floor.
- Vaulted ceiling with tongue-&-groove Pine.
- Large Fir beams.
- Built-in entertainment center.
- Custom engraved stone entrance leading into living room.
Master Bedroom Suite:
- Floor-to-ceiling custom stone gas fireplace.
- Double tray ceiling. ¨ Hickory flooring.
- Large walk-in closet.
- Large master bath with pine tongue & groove walls and ceilings.
- Patio off bedroom with hot tub. A distinctive element of the master bath is the custom stone work that surrounds both the tub area and the extra large shower enclosure.
The Main/Upper Level Guest Rooms:
- Two guest bedrooms with Hickory wood floors, sink and vanity in both.
- One large bathroom with custom stone work.
- Stair railings with polished sandstone pillars and etched glass. The Hickory wood stairway leading between the two levels is an artistic masterpiece in itself — polished sandstone pillars create a spectacular display of nature’s artwork as they frame mountain scenes delicately etched into glass panels to form the railing — a truly unique characteristic of this home.
The Lower Level
- The lower level of the home has been designed as a separate living unit complete with a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom, extra large bedroom, recreation/living room and private entrance and could be utilized as an apartment for guests, in-laws or a care-giver — yet, it is fully integrated into the home’s overall floor plan.
- The recreation room has been wired for potential use as a home theater.
- A large storage room also houses a custom-built wine cellar.
- Adjacent to the recreation room is another large bathroom.
- Extra plumbing has been installed for a washer/dryer on the lower level.
- Another outstanding attribute of the home is the attached, over-sized, heated, two-car garage.
Additional Improvements Click To View
The 48’ x 75’ Morton building is located a short distance from the residence and provides 3,600 sq. ft. of storage space for vehicles and equipment. Two over-sized garage doors open onto a cement pad that runs across the front of the building and provides ample parking; the interior floor is cement. The entire building is heated with a propane furnace. There is a full bathroom at one end of the building; this facility has its own septic system separate from that of the residence.
Domestic Water Well — A 1,050 foot (approximate depth) water well provides domestic water to both the residence and Morton building. The well produces a very steady flow of water at approximately 6 gallons per minute.
Offering Details Click To View
The High Hill Estate is being offered for
(One Million Six Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars).
Seller shall require an all cash sale.
The residence, Morton building, and infrastructure development on this property was completed in early 2009; therefore, everything in this offering is new and in excellent condition.
The property taxes for 2015 are approximately $7,500.