Shell Valley Scenic Acreage - Big Horn County, Wyoming
Type: Home and Acreage
Deeded Acres: 58.11
Total Acres: 58.11
Asking Price: $1,200,000
Nestled in the valley at the mouth of Shell Canyon, this scenic acreage and custom contemporary home are framed on all sides by spectacular open views of the Bighorn Mountains and surrounding foothill countryside.
- Located just northeast of the small town of Shell and ~15 miles west of Greybull in Big Horn County, Wyoming.
- Spectacular scenery surrounds the property.
- New custom contemporary home.
- Shell Creek flows through the property and offers outstanding trout fishing.
- Adjoins BLM lands.
The majestic Bighorn Mountains rise above the peaceful Shell Valley where the “Shell Valley Scenic Acreage” is located — the views are spectacular in all directions from the 3,000 sq. ft. contemporary style home — trout fishing in Shell Creek, which flows through the property, is outstanding — recreational opportunities abound with direct access to BLM lands and U.S. Forest Service lands.
Year-around access is excellent as the home lies just off of paved State Highway 14 East.
The property is an equestrian haven with ample grazing and water in the meadows and creek plus thousands of acres of public lands for riding — all right out the back door.
More Ranch Details
Property Description Click To View
The property consists of 58.11± acres deeded. Approximately 6 acres are irrigated alfalfa hay ground, 10 acres are grass hay meadows/pasture, and 10 acres are wooded areas along the creek bottom. There are 24.5 acres of irrigation rights out of Kershner Ditch.
Shell Creek flows through the property and is an adequate water source for livestock and wildlife and provides sub-irrigation for the meadows. There are approximately 1200 feet of frontage on both sides of the creek and trout fishing is excellent.
Native rangeland lies south of the creek adjoining BLM lands which, in turn, adjoin US Forest Service lands — thus providing direct access to thousands of acres of public lands where one can enjoy a variety of recreational activities such as horseback riding, hiking, backpacking, hunting, fishing, etc.
The Home Click To View
Custom designed, new contemporary style, 3,000 sq. ft., three-level home offers a boundless flow of sleek and elegant open space for country living at its best. Large sliding doors create floor-to-ceiling glass walls on the south and east side of the main floor bringing the outdoors inside year-around. The doors open to a large deck on the south side of the home. Constructed with high quality materials of passive solar quality, the home sits on a terraced site with dry stack stone retaining walls. The home is naturally cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The main floor has an open concept from the kitchen into the dining and living areas, which have cathedral ceilings and an open staircase to the upper level. The ~200 sq. ft. kitchen has a beamed tongue and groove ceiling and provisions for either a gas, electric or dual-fuel cook stove. A classic mud room entry has a cathedral ceiling and unique pine tongue and groove walls. The ~400 sq. ft. master suite on the main level is partially finished and has access to the deck. It is currently being used as an art studio. The main floor has porcelain tile flooring with the exception of the master suite.
The entire home has radiant in-floor hot water heat. A wood burning stove adds warmth and comfort to the cozy living area.
Other amenities of this outstanding home include:
•Poured concrete insulated foundation, 9’ walls, French drains.
• 7/8” rough-cut stained cedar board & batten siding.
• Premium gauge standing seam steel roof with reflective finish.
• 2” rigid foam insulation + 3½” fiberglass in walls; 6” rigid foam in roof; interior walls & main floor sound insulated.
• Door & windows are all Marvin double glazed E-glass. South & east facing glass doors for solar gain in winter.
• Heating: propane hot water, 5 zone radiant heat in floors.
• Plumbing: Pex tubing, on-demand hot water.
• Electrical: 200-amp service.
• Connected to Greybull town water system at a base cost of $45 per month.
• Large windows open to a ~400 sq. ft. deck constructed with pressure treated framing, rough sawn fir posts, composite decking, redwood trim and galvanized pipe railings.