Home on acreage for sale near Buffalo, Wyoming in Johnson County.
- Located ~7 miles south of Buffalo, Wyoming.
- Excellent year-around access off Old Highway 87 (State Route 196)
- Very nice home with sweeping views of the country side in every direction.
Tyrrell’s Country View sits atop a small rise and has sweeping views of the countryside in every direction. The property has two shallow draws that offer topographical interest. The home was built in 1979 and has 1,640± sq. feet of living space on the main floor and has an additional 1,640± of living space in the fully finished, walk-out basement. Even with the basement, the house is classified as a ‘Ranch 1-Story’ home by the Johnson County Assessor and the layout of the home does offer complete living on 1-level. The property features a total of 84.6± acres which have been used as pasture for horses and cattle over the years.
More Ranch Details
Location Click To View
Tyrrell’s Country View is located ~7 miles south of the city-center of Buffalo, WY. Located between Old Highway 87 and I-25, the property is accessed via Old Highway 87 and a private drive shared with one other landowner. The home is located approximately 0.6 miles from Old Highway 87.
Property Description Click To View
The property features a 1,640± sq. ft. ranch-style home with a fully finished, walk-out basement for a total of 3,280± sq. feet of living space. The custom home was built in 1978-1979 and has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the main floor. In addition, there is a bedroom and bathroom in the basement. Other features of the home include:
- Galley-style kitchen with breakfast nook; appliances and countertop updated in 2011—appliances include Kenmore Pro double wall ovens, Frigidaire refrigerator, Kitchenaid dishwasher, Jennaire glass cooktop, and heavy duty disposal.
- Living room with vaulted ceiling and exposed beams; custom, built-in bookcase; and native stone fireplace with insert and sunken sitting area; westerly views of the Bighorn Mountains
- Dining area with sliding glass doors to walk-out wood deck
- Master bedroom with master bathroom that was updated in 2011
- Main floor laundry
- Walkout basement with cement patio, one bedroom, one bathroom, family room, wet bar, wood stove, and storage areas
- Three sources of heat including forced air furnace, electric baseboard heat, and wood fireplace and wood stove.
- Domestic well with chlorinator, water filter, and water softener (“Tyrrell #1 well, P35928.0W)
- Attached 630± sq. ft. garage
- Detached 1,440± sq. ft. garage and utility building
- Two run-in livestock shelters, pole corrals, and frost-free water hydrants
Acreage Click To View
The property totals 84.6± acres. Of that 6.6± acres are fenced as part of the living area which includes all improvements. 77± acres are pastureland that has been utilized for grazing over the years. Years ago the pastures were leased to graze 40-50 head of cattle for the summer. They were provided supplemental hay. The final deeded acre secures the access off Old Highway 87.
Offering Details Click To View
Tyrrell’s Country View is being offered for $750,000 (Seven hundred fifty thousand dollars).
Seller shall require an all cash sale at closing – No Seller Financing
Real Estate Taxes in 2018: $2177.37
Acreages, square footage, and real estate taxes are publicly available on the Johnson County Assessor’s website: http://www.johnsoncountywyoming.org/departments/assessor/
Groundwater permits and corresponding well information is available publicly by searching the e-Permits database available at the Wyoming State Engineer’s Office: www. seo.wyo.gov/home. Buyers are encouraged to conduct their own search of the water rights database or may wish to have an independent water rights search performed.